My goal is to mentor your student through the college application essay process. While the end-result is to produce outstanding, memorable essays that create a well-rounded portrait of the student, I also provide a kind of support that encourages self-confidence, self-awareness, and self-discovery. I help students draw upon their experiences, passions, and their own insights to reach their goal of attending the college of their choice.
As your personal writing coach and mentor, I provide:
- Every step of the writing process is included – from brainstorming and choosing the best prompts given your experience and interests, to submitting the final application essays and supplemental essays for multiple colleges.
- Individual hourly sessions that focus on one or two steps at a time:
- Meeting with student to determine individual strengths, talents, goals, what student’s needs are and where he/she is in the application process*
- Brainstorming exercises to generate ideas and material to write about
- Prompt selection to optimize applicant’s strengths, talents, potential
- Prioritization of drafts according to target-college deadlines
- Content review of each essay draft to identify what works and what needs further development.
- Detailed comments via Word or Google Docs of each draft
- Editing for organization, development, support, vocabulary and grammar
- Guidance to insure student’s essays stand out with distinction
- Final Review of Submission-ready draft of each essay for up to 4 essays, one of which is the Common App.*
- Increasing your confidence and skills as a writer, so that you can take what you’ve learned and apply it to future essay writing
- Helping you craft great short essays for specific school prompts
- Developing writing skills that you can apply to future essay writing.